Thursday, August 11, 2011

National port security matters less than pork items?

After Bush was ridiculed for not doing more, faster, to secure our nations ports by the likes of Hilary and others, now it is reported the scanning and radiation detecting equipment to be installed in our ports is to be eliminated as a budget cost cutting measure? I bet Bob Murtha alone has more pork dollars in this budget than port security has now. I know everyone fights over which party is stronger on national security, I don't care, I want what comes into this country to be as carefully observed as any dissenting domestic political groups are by the current regime in Washington. It's almost like we are being setup for a terrorist attack so martial law can be declared and prevent the next elections? But that is crazy talk, I think it's general ignorance to blame for selling out national security for pork dollars. Just ridiculous to me that it is harder for me to travel to Canada and back than to ship in a cargo container of who knows what into this country by ship, truck or rail.

No comments:

Post a Comment