Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Why did my 4 yr old dog die?

My 4 yr old boy, Trooper, ped away Tues., he suddenly went from healthy & hyper to sick & lathargic. When I noticed he wasnt doing good, I also noticed his face was swollen on one side as if he was bit by something (not a snakebite-no wounds) His gums were pale, his stomach was bloated & he was skinnier than usual but still drinking lots of water...so I immediately thought worms or maybe he was allergic to the bite or the bite was poisonious. For the 1st 2 days I gave him Benadryl & fed him homecooked meals high in Iron & poured pedalyte in his water 4 electrolytes. I saw an improvment. His face swelling went back to normal & he was eating a little more but then after about 4 days he collapsed when he went 2 lift his leg & pee...this worried me so I took him 2 the Vet. She 1st did a fecal & it came back neg. (no worms) & then she ran his blood & urinalysis...she said it looked like kidney disease/failure! Can a spider cause organs 2 shut down? Could it not have been kidney related?

No comments:

Post a Comment