Friday, August 12, 2011

Is omission betrayal in love when the truth hurts?

My high school sweetheart and I recently reunited after separating while I was in college. Two years later we find ourselves in love again after a surprise encounter back home. He in the army, fought in Iraq, and turned out a good man. I've been in grad school finishing up my masters and became bitter after a few bad relationships. We've been dating again but we're not exclusively in a relationship because he recently confessed to me that while we were apart for two years, he had a child and that's why he isn't ready for a relationship. And while that news hurts me, I haven't been quite honest with him about my past relationship either. I've been married and currently going through a divorce and I don't know how to tell him. I'm back finishing my masters and he's back home waiting for deployment back to Iraq. If he isn't ready for a relationship now, should I tell him about my failed marriage? I'm still dealing with the pain from that but I found myself happy and in love again.

No comments:

Post a Comment